The goals of AEDBF is:
- to promote knowledge of national and EC legislation in the field of banking and finance,
- to bolster the legal profession in the context of the establishment in the European financial area.
The missions of AEDBF are therefore to:
- strengthen links between its members;
- co-ordinate their thinking and research;
- organize conferences and seminars;
- compare different laws and techniques in the fields of banking, finance and capital markets so as to facilitate proposals for harmonization and mutual recognition;
- maintain dialogues with the EU institutions;
- disseminate the result of its work and research.