The Legal Council of the Hellenic State and the Hellenic Association for Financial Law kindly invite you to a co-hosted scientific event on “The legal dimension of the financial crisis”, which is to be held on Thursday 27 March 2014 at 16:00 in the Hall of Scientific Lectures of the Legal Council of the Hellenic State’s Central Office.
The speaker will be Dr Dimitris Tsibanoulis, the Chairman of the Hellenic Association for Financial Law and the European Society for Banking and Financial Law.
The specific issues to be discussed during the event are, among others, the following:
The legal dimension of the international financial crisis and the sovereign debt crisis in the Euro zone and, especially, in Greece
- The legislative framework of the bank reorganization and restructuring under Greek and European law
- Bank recapitalization and the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund (HFSF): the Greek and the European dimension of the problem
- Measures to tackle the sovereign debt crisis and the crisis of the financial sector at a European level:
- The European Stability Mechanism (ESM) and the Jurisprudence of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- The Directive on the reorganization and winding-up of credit institutions
- The Banking Union
The scientific event will be held in Greek.